Under the Sea

Yes, Utah does have an Aquarium. The Living Planet Aquarium is located in Salt Lake and has a special half price deal during certain hours on Monday evenings. Always a sucker for a deal and thinking that somehow watching fish would make a great family night, we headed off.

They had a fish petting zoo where you could reach your arm in and try to touch this

If I am not mistaken, this is the same animal that very tradgically killed the crododile hunter is it not? It would certainly be my first choice of what to put in a child's petting zoo as well.

And here is Alex getting her turn to cheat death. Thankfully her arms are too short to do much more than spalsh her neighbors. (Lest you be too afraid, I think they remove the stingers of these stingrays and they are therefore no longer lethal, but rather delightfully soft/slimy. I also mean no disrespect to the crocodile hunter or his family, and only make mention of him to show that these things can in fact be dangerous and not make light of his death. I was just trying to be funny. So on to more jokes that I will feel guilty about later and feel the need to correct. Guilt complexes don't go well with trying to be a comedian.)
Here is a list of some of the other things we saw. They had:

poison things (these were safely behind glass)


spiky things


slimy things

reptile things
chompy things

things with four eyes (two of which stick out of the water)

terrifying things


awesome things

and things that should have been left on the bottom of the ocean (tell me you don't have nightmares about being sucked down by one of these)

And throughout it all being the perpetual germaphobe that I am, I followed Alex around with a wet wipe and tried to keep her from sucking on the glass. However, we did have a good time and are now slightly more educated. Good family night.

4 comments:

The Birch Family said...

I have been wanting to take Brynlee to that place for so long. Thanks for the info...we will now go on a Monday night cause I am a sucker for a deal too! Send me your email address so I can invite you to my blog. stephkaye11@yahoo.com
-SK

Drew and Amber said...

That looks so fun we may have to go enjoy that in June. It seems like they had a lot of things to see (more than the hogle zoo) Thanks for the great ideA

Anderson Family said...

I liked seeing the things.
Love,
Erica

mare said...

rob begs to differ on the whole guilt complex/comedian road.