Halloween

From experience I know that praying for the mailman to come at 4:30 on October 31 and hoping that in his possession might be a Princess Leah costume is not much fun. Since procrastination was a factor last year, I acted early and secured Alex's costume weeks in advance. (thank you) I even had corresponding costumes for Lance and I. Alex was to be Dorothy, I was going to be the wicked (yea right) witch, and Lance was supposed to go as my winged monkey. Family fun. However, Lance, blinded by the awesome power of the iphone, decided that wearing butterfly wings, a vest and silly hat, with a feather boa for a tail was beneath him, and set out to create an abomination. You may well wonder how the iphone could possibly further infiltrate our lives, the answer is simple, include it as part of your Holiday celebrations as well. Introducing the 6'10" robot.




This living nightmare utilizes two iphones, a stereo, and spray paint. Lance did work very hard on this costume, receiving many cuts and scraps in the process, and to each he exclaimed "Worth It". Indeed, the end result was worth it and succeeded in terrifying the majority of our neighborhood. Okay, my idea was bested again, but it really was cool and Lance was so happy. To which I say "Worth It."



Here is the pumpkin I carved all by myself a half hour before the trick-or -treaters started showing up (so the procrastination still made a slight appearance - baby steps)



Here is the cutest Dorothy ever. She is Halloween's newest and I suppose biggest fan. She would have been happy just to help the kids at the door, and would often wait there with the door closed in anxious anticipation. The night got even better when we got to go out and when she realized that the people at the doors were giving her chocolate, she was nearly beside herself with delight. Completely fearless she tried to run up and touch every scary household decoration including her terrifying father and the flaming pumpkins down the street. She couldn't have been happier.

Alex and daddy/robot


Waiting for more kids


Still waiting for those kids


This is Alex after we got home. You will notice that she is fairly protective of her stash. You can never be too careful.

Then we played cards and watched "Clue" (which is about my limit when it comes to scary Halloween movies) with Corbin and his new girlfriend. Good times were had by all.

Happy Halloween.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Awesome costume, Lance. I shall cower in your presence and bow to your greatness.

—Ryan

mare said...

emmy was (and is) FREAKING OUT, as i waste his precious time by commenting rather than re-watching the "ahhbot". that costume tops all. 'worth it' is a bit of an understatement. i wish we could've been there. it's telling me i spelled 'could've' wrong. like you know spell check. like you know.

see you a week from today!! (oh, and i expect for all the 'family fun' gaps to be filled in by you three.)

Taryn said...

That is the coolest costume! And what a cute little Dorothy