is occurring, but then for 10 sometimes 15 minutes I am granted a brief reprise. I haven't heard any spooky voices giving me advice yet, but it still seems to do the trick. I leave feeling refreshed and ready to jump back into the fray. Sweet momentary solitude paired perfectly with my Blessed Chaos.
Fortress of Solitude
To some degree I had anticipated that things would be busier with the addition of another child, but I failed to anticipate that this increased busyness would also require increased mental and emotional capacities, of which I fear I am in short supply. I go about my day being pulled in multiple directions and trying to decide which of the many demands is currently the most important and trying to combine as many as possible into a single moment. For someone who is terrible at multi-tasking this is exhausting. However, I am proud to announce that the other day I was simultaneously feeding both of my children and myself, watching Bambi, sorting the mail, and texting my mom. So, I am getting used to the new found chaos, however, a quiet moment is still a much needed necessity. I figure if Superman (a man who can fly, move at the speed of light, shoot lasers out of his eyes, and look stunning in tights - any of which I would find extremely useful) needs a break, then I don't feel to bad about taking one myself. But with time alone in short supply, and lacking the ability to fly to the north pole at a moments notice, I have had to settle for my Shower. It must be timed while this

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Lindsay,
I so appreciate the shout out and am so glad that my extensive (Ha!) wisdom and knowledge could bring you comfort. I am still just baffled that whoever you talked to at the Pediatrician's office didn't check with someone else first before freaking you guys out for no reason!
Listen, for me going to two kids was the hardest because yes you must learn quickly the art of multi-tasking or die! Adding a third kid in there is just more of the same! It gets better and believe it or not you will have greater periods of time for yourself (even if they are only small increments here and there). Your gals are adorable.
Lindsay, What a wild ride having two girls, huh! :) But with a little time I have finally started to feel semi-human again. :) Yes, we are coming for the reunion. I'm one of the peeps in charge of it! It's Sat. July 2nd at Roper's Barn. I need your mailing address and email address so we can send out more info to everyone. Hope you can make it! Your girls are so cute.
DITTO! I'm glad someone feels exactly like me...
Lindsay oh Lindsay... I need your address! :)Soon! I'm getting ready to send out 10 yr reunion info to everyone. :)Thanks girlie!
Carrie
Post a Comment