Lance (tag I'm it)

1. Where did you meet your husband?
I met Lance at Snow college. I would like to say that we met in a crowded room and our eyes met above the crowd (because we're tall you see) but it was a bit more simplistic than that. We met through a mutual friend who thought it would be great to get two really tall people together, but Lance says that he was stalking me long before that.

2. How long did you date before getting married?
We dated for the school year, and then took a hiatus the next fall. But we never really lost touch and we ended up finding each other again instead of others like we had planned. So all in all we probably dated about a year and a half before we were married.

3. How long have you been married?
It will be 6 years in June.

4. What does he do that surprises you?
He'll still dance with me in the kitchen complete with a serenade of some theme from a musical. That is always a great surprise.

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
His arms. He gives really good hugs, which are even better when you are cold. He is like a furnace. He's got cute puppy dog eyes and rosy cheeks too, although you can't always see them under his tickle beard. But I know they are still there.


6. What is his best quality?
He loves me.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Hun, which he uses much to liberally and unintentionally attributes it to many individuals besides myself, babe, which is sometimes followed by the phrase "that'll do pig", and woman, when he is pretend chauvinistic male, which he usually follows with "of my heart". Sometimes I have to add that last part in for him and then we laugh and laugh. Ahhh, good times.


8. What is his favorite food?
Chicken casserole. For those of you who have watched him single handedly eat almost an entire casserole, it really is quite a spectacle. A close second is El Matador.

9. What is his favorite sport?
Horse Jockeying and then maybe basketball.

10. When did you first kiss?
At his apartment at Snow college after we watched Lady and the tramp. The meatball scene gets me every time.


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Be with family.

12. Do you have any children?
Oh my yes. Just one, but you would hardly know it by looking at the rest of our blog.

13. Does he have any hidden talents?
He has quite the knack for making Alex giggle, which I have yet to be able to do. He can also put a smile on my face when I am grumpy. That takes talent. He is also very artistic. Everything he makes is beautiful, sometimes slightly disturbing, but always beautiful.
(see, this used to be a watermelon)

14. How old is he?
28

15. What is his favorite music?
New age folk style stuff. Chill music.

16. What do you admire about him?
He can turn anything into a game. No really. We once only had poker chips (they aren't really poker chips lest you think I run a casino night in my basement, but that will get the correct image in your mind- ha, sinners) and a glass bowl and we ended up seeing who could flip the most chips into the bowl. And then we laughed and laughed . . .

17. What is his favorite color?
yellow

18. What is unique about him?
He is above average in height.

19. What are some of his favorite phrases?
Honey will you tickle my arm? Honey will you tickle my neck? Honey will you tickle my back? Honey do you remember when you used to love me and would tickle me all the time? The last one is an attempt at guilt, but that names a few of his more common phrasese.

20. Who said I love you first?
He did on Valentines day in a note attached to some flowers he ordered way down in Fillmore. Of course he said it in person when I got back to Snow, but by saying it on a card in Fillmore my dad was able to enjoy the sweet sentiment as well. I remember a distinct "He what?!" while my mom clapped her hands in delight. And then we laughed and laughed . . .


To end this tribute I must say that I love this man. He is my whole world. Lance is the fun and amusement in our home, and I am greatful he takes me along for the ride. I couldn't create a more wonderful husband or father. Alex and I love our husband and daddy!

2 comments:

Shimmyshimmy said...

I love this!! You guys are my favorite!! Lindsay, I want to invite you to my bridal shower...will you email me so I can email you the invitation... shimmybaby@gmail.com.
I just got home today...its cold!!!
I can't wait to see you!!
Love,
Amy

Ang said...

That was tender! We love Lance too!! All that talk about Snow ... ah good times, right!!! I love you all and missing you so much! Merry Christmas!! Kisses-!