Thanksgiving

We had two Thanksgiving feasts this year. First stop was my Grandma Prestwich in Orem. While recovering from the festivities back at my grandma's house, Lance spotted a washer and dryer (which we desparately need) advertisement at a door buster price. Conveniently, he also spotted a 46' plasma tv with a similar deal at the same store. So, he and my brother Corbin decided to stay in Orem and do a little shopping. "Man's shopping" they said. Shopping where you stay up all night, camp out in the cold, and go running through the store. Shopping where you get an adrenaline rush and there is a possibility of a fight. Since a baby would definitely interfere with "Man's shopping" I went home with my parents to prepare for second Thanksgiving the next day.

At 8 a.m. the victorious shoppers arrived in Fillmore with tales of their triumph and spoils which included bot the washer and dryer and the tv. They had been up since about 2:30 so they went promptly to bed afterward. Boy, "Man's shopping" sure is hard work. Good job boys. I really am grateful for your extensive efforts on behalf of my laundry needs.



This is Alex deciding that cousins are fun.


Grandpas are fun too!

One early morning in Fillmore, we were getting Alex ready to go back to sleep when she became entranced by the fireplace. And like good parents, we laid our darling child on the floor where she fell asleep watching the fire. Just one of our many proud moments of textbook parenting.


Lance had to go home a day early to see his friends who had flown in from Detroit and Washington D.C. (Hi Dave and Darren) So Perry became his surrogate child while he was away missing Alex. And me too of course.

3 comments:

berrymom said...

I should have thought to try to find out who else was going to be in Fillmore while we were there. I would have LOVED to see you. Next time we can have a hot pots excursion together. I feel honored to be your "first post." I have hopes to be the second and third also :)

Erica said...

I love the photo of Alex asleep wrapped up like a tight little burrito. What a cozy way to fall asleep in front of the fireplace. It makes me want to get a cup of hot chocolate, a hot rice bag, a good book and join her.

Lance, we are so glad that Parry was entertained and loved while we were gone on vacation. I don't know if he could possibly fill in for cute little Alex or sweet Lindsay, but we're glad he was a diversion.

We're glad your Thanksgiving vacation was full of fun family, good food, and yes, even "man shopping". Wow, Lance I'm so impressed. Maybe, I'll give you my Christmas shopping list next year. No one would dare get in the way of the giant determined "man shopper"!

Love ya,
Erica

Jen said...

I wish my husband had done the "man shopping". I was up and at Toys R Us by 5:00 am, but was also victorious. I have to say I was surprised to hear that your mom went home. She is one of the best shoppers I know!