Diamond in the rough


Apparently, one man's trash was my treasure. We found this little jewel at the ever wonderful D.I. and quickly snatched it up for a mere $15. Lance nonchalantly carried the chair, along with our murder mystery costume accessories, to the cash register at the front of the store, where he casually placed our new found treasure at the feet of a surprised cashier. It was at this point she decided to inform us that we, "could have just brought the tag". Yes thank you, but we don't often get attention, so we like to go to stores and carry large items around above our heads just to make sure we get noticed. I will admit, our decision making skills were questionable at this point since we were attempting to purchase some suspenders, a hat, a belt, and oh yes we'll take this armchair as well. However, there was method to our madness. We were planning on taking the chair with us right then and we were parked out front.


In summary, although thought to be insane, we were allowed to purchase the chair, which now resides in our living room with all of the other mismatched furniture. It matches our orange wall for now, but some day when we actually get nice furniture, we plan to recover it in plush leather or something equally nice, like crushed velvet. Who knows? Eat your heart out IKEA.

5 comments:

mare said...

i love it. i'm in love with it. i'm having a love affair with it. also, you spelled shelley's name wrong a post or two ago. just damage controlling...

Ang said...

That is SWEET! You are just like me. I just bought 2 really nice dressers at Goodwill (we don't have DI out here in MOville)! But I didn't carry them over my head to the front of the store! you definitely beat me on that one. That's funny!

Shawn said...

I'm toatlly digging your new D.I. find! I would pay good money to see Lance carry it through the store over his head. What a man!

Jill Hess said...

Has your wall always been blue? I am very confused!! I do like your chair! What a find!! I like the Red-it goes with your couch in the family room!!

Jen said...

Too funny. How in the world were you supposed to know what to do with the tag??