Big Sister

Alex loves Nora. That is really all this post is about. It is something I am immensely grateful for and is also one of the cutest things I have ever seen. As cuteness is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder happens to be their doting mother, I may have over done it. My apologies in advance. Prepare for my version of cuteness.


Reading stories

Alex has no respect for personal space. If she is not within a 1/2 inch of Nora's face it is not close enough. I assume the underlying philosophy to be that Alex thinks that she must be physically close to Nora's eyes so that she might better view her antics and therefore fully appreciate their awesomeness.

I put this in because I thought it was funny that we caught the entire progression.


Alex attempts to make Nora laugh by simply laughing in her face. Brilliant. Also, apparently making some strange cooing bird call and saying "Ooooooooooh sweetheart" is supposed to make her feel better when she is sad. All of which must be done while essentially touching noses or it loses all effectiveness.

Nora did not accept Alex's offering of a pink Easter egg as sufficient entertainment or soothing replacement of her binky. Hard to understand why, but everyone has got to have one of these pictures.

For now Nora is just trying to survive her sister's loving attentions. What a wonderful problem to have.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ha! Ruby does the same thing-- laugh in Lucy's face. But it's this creepy somewhat disturbing yelling/laugh. :) Okay so my email is carrie.giles.warner@gmail.com so you can email me your address. Gracias! And congrats on the potty training! :)