Valentine's Day


Wove.  Wove.  Wove is what bwings us togevver today.

In an attempt to more fully develop my culinary side, I set out to bake Lance a Valentine's day bouquet.  The result, this lovely arrangement of 6 cupcakes which only left about 29 extra.  Thanks to Brian and Shelley's family and Brian's co-workers for disposing of our surplus.  This fabulous prize also came with a bottle of Olive Garden's famous salad dressing, a 2 liter of Root Beer, and a love note (something I hope to make into a Valentine's tradition of making a list of things I love about each person).  I know, I out-did myself.












Lance also presented me with a token of his love, as seen below.













Yes, you're right.  It is a scale.  Now, you may be wondering what kind of husband gives his wife a scale for Valentine's Day and now you know.  Mine does.

Okay, your bad opinion of my husband has gone on long enough.  The request of the scale was actually my own in an effort to put on a few pounds (which I hate to mention because now you will probably all hate me - but I sacrifice myself so that you can know the wonderfulness of my husband) in hopes that this might help in our quest for child #2.  See, it's true.  This is the second portion of my gift.











So you see, I did not marry a monster, but rather a truly wonderful man who was willing to buy his wife a scale for Valentine's Day to aid her in her efforts of getting fatter.  Now that is true love.

4 comments:

Shellie and Bryan said...

Man, I love reading your posts. So funny. Only you would request such a gift! Good luck with your quest :)

Drew and Amber said...

This is so funny. Good Luck gaining weight I guess

monkeystevens said...

(Imagine me singing in the most beautiful opera voice ever)...
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy 27th Birthday Dear Lindsaaaaaayyyyyyyyy..... Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Shawn said...

What a sweet wifey you are! I bet Lance loved his cupcake arrangement.

In your quest for "fattening up a bit" you could always make my potato cheese soup with half and half, instead of skim milk! I'll be praying for you!! If anyone deserves another child, it's you.